5 Best Coffee Grinders for French Press in 2021
Are you sick and tired of waking up to bad tasting coffee? What about spending too much money on morning coffee runs? Imagine all you could save by brewing your very own hot cups of caffeine at home. And it tastes like – if not better – than the coffee you buy at those expensive fancy cafes.
The very first step to creating rich tasting coffee in the comfort of your home is purchasing the right coffee grinder for your French press. Yes, that’s right! The secret to great-tasting coffee revolves around the beans and how they’re ground.
The Best Coffee Grinders for French Press
Having the right equipment and mastering French press brewing makes getting up each morning that much easier. Grinding fresh coffee beans to the right consistency right before you brew is a game-changer.
In this buyer’s guide, we’ll help you land the best coffee grinder for French press. Let’s begin!
|Baratza Encore Coffee Grinder||Check Price||4.7||Read Review|
|Breville Smart Coffee Grinder Pro||Check Price||4.7||Read Review|
|Mueller Ultra-Grind Coffee Grinder||Check Price||4.6||Read Review|
|OXO Conical Burr Coffee Grinder||Check Price||4.6||Read Review|
|Cuisinart DBM-8 Coffee Grinder||Check Price||4.5||Read Review|
In this buyer’s guide, we will cover everything from the best hand coffee grinder to the factors you need to consider before buying one. Let’s get down to it so you can start enjoying easy coffee grinding filled with rich flavors right from your home today!
1. Baratza Encore Coffee Grinder
- – User-Friendly
- – Stainless Steel Conical Burrs
- – 1-year Warranty
- – Made out of plastic
Freshly ground beans = the best coffee. And when you grind it using the Baratza Encore conical burr coffee grinder, you’re equipped with a top-of-the-line device that’ll support you more than you know. In this Baratza Encore review, we’ll explore exactly why this is true!
2. Breville Smart Coffee Grinder Pro
- – 60 grind settings
- – Large hopper capacity
- – Quality LCD display
- – Cannot use just anywhere, requires electricity
Having a high-grade grinder like the Breville Smart Grinder Pro equips you with all the technology, efficiency, and speed you need to make your coffee the way you want it, anytime you want it, and without having to change out of your pajamas or wait in long lines to get it.
3. Mueller Ultra-Grind Coffee Grinder
- – Gear Reduction Motor for reduced noise
- – Capacity that can produce 30 to 32 cups
- – Alloy steel conical burrs
- – Doesn’t come with convenient scooper
If you want the ability to make whatever coffee you’re in the mood for while you’re at home and you want to do it the right way, using the Mueller Coffee Grinder to grind your beans is an excellent way to go.
4. OXO Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
- – 40 mm durable conical burrs
- – 15 grind size settings
- – Push-start timer that remembers previous settings
- – Doesn’t come with a scooper
If you’re a person who loves great coffee, you’re a person who deserves the OXO conical burr grinder to help you make it.
5. Cuisinart DBM-8 Coffee Grinder
- – 4 to 8 cup slide dial
- – Versatile 18-position grind selector
- – Long cord for easy placement
- – Electric, so cannot be used everywhere
This coffee grinder will ultimately support you in enjoying coffee-making experiences that are peaceful, versatile, and simplistic all at once.
What Are The Benefits of Using a French Press Grinder?
A French Press is essentially a pot that uses a plunger to push grounds to the pot’s bottom when the coffee is ready to be poured. This captures concentrated flavors meaning your hot morning coffee will be in its purest form.
You’ll enjoy deep and full-flavored coffee when you need it most. French press coffee grinders deliver top-quality coffee that lets you savor every flavor. Since the grounds steep inside the filter, your coffee will be richer. After all, freshly ground coffee is the best kind of coffee!
Another great benefit is that these useful appliances vary in price. While you can get some as cheap as $30, others go all the way up to $100. To land the best one that fits your budget, read on to learn more about the features you need to be aware of.
So, I guess you could say that the biggest benefit of using a French press grinder is you’ll have the power to brew better coffee in your home’s comfort.
Blade VS Burr
There are a few key differences between blade and burr grinders, the main ones being:
- – Burr grinders are usually more expensive than blade ones.
- – Burr grinders offer a more uniform and consistent size.
- – Blade grinders cut beans while burr grinders crush them.
- – Blade grinders tend to heat up a lot since they work at high RPMs.
Burr grinders are a more popular choice for French press coffee because they’re more consistent in delivering uniformed beans. This leads to better-tasting coffee. Now, there are two popular types of burr grinders that we’ll cover next: flat disc and conical.
Disc VS Conical
So we’ve confirmed that burr grinders are best for French press coffee. Now, what’s the difference between disc and conical options?
Both types of these grinders offer quality results that go above and beyond what blade grinders can offer. It’s very unlikely you’ll be disappointed with any option. They both crush beans between two burred rings. The main difference lies in their shape.
Differences in size include:
- – Flat burr grinders are flat. They consist of two burred rings that are flat and fit together like a horizontal gear. Beans then fall between them and make their way back and forth between the burrs until they’ve reached the desired sized.
- – Conical burr grinders are cone-shaped. This type of grinder is made of discs that fit together in the shape of a cone. Beans get pulled vertically from top to bottom and are crushed as they rotate.
It’s difficult to say which offers a more quality grind. They are both very similar. However, conical grinders rotate at lower speeds. This means that the beans have more contact time against each burr. This decreases the chances of beans losing flavor to heat. Conical options are also less noisy due to their fewer RPMs. The downfall? They’re more expensive.
Check out our best burr grinder for French press reviews to see which one’s right for you!
What Should I Consider When Buying a Coffee Grinder for French Press?
Here’s a quick list of features you want to keep an eye out for to land the best grinder for French press:
- – Grind Setting – Always go with a coffee grinder that offers multiple grinding settings. Otherwise, you’re going to be limited to the same taste. If you’re going to grind your own beans, you might as well grind them as refined or coarse as you’d like.
- – Hopper Size – Do you plan on making coffee only for yourself of multiple people? The answer to this will determine the hopper size you need. Usually, a small 8-ounce hopper is enough as it makes around 12 cups.
- – Noise Level – No doubts, grinders are loud. However, if the noise level is important to you, some models offer more sound insulation than others. For instance, conical grinders with low RPMs will be quieter than most.
- – Ease to Clean – To avoid unwanted flavors entering our cup of morning delight; you want to be sure your grinder gets cleaned after each use. This means you want a machine that is easy to disassemble, clean and reassemble.
- – Burr Material – Which material is best? You have either steel or ceramic to choose from. The main difference is that ceramic generates less heat and offers finer grounds, while steel options are sharper and produce better coarse grounds.
- -Price – Everyone has a budget and it’s important to keep this in mind throughout the shopping process. While someone’s budget may be $30 another person’s may be $100. Lucky for you, grinders vary in price!
The best French press coffee grinder will offer all the above features and more! The important part is deciding what’s important to you and basing your shopping decision of it.
Now that you know the ins and outs of choosing the best coffee grinder for French press purchase the right one for you! Gone are the days you have to put up with subpar coffee. From here on out its rich tasting cups of coffee at any time of the day!