Coffee Grinders can seem like a giant purchase for no reason. While there is a time and place for everything, for most of us, that time and place doesn’t resonate. Don’t get discouraged. Capresso is the budget friendly company that lets even the worst penny pinchers still indulge in home ground coffee.
We have scoured the Capresso repertoire and found the best of the best as well as compiling our tips and tricks for finding the perfect coffee grinder for you. With further ado, let’s jump right into our buyer’s guide on all things Capresso Coffee Grinders.
The Capresso Metal Infinity Burr Grinder is a sure hit for coffee-loving families or large households. With loads of exciting options, we are sure that this is a perfect fit for anyone looking for a budget-friendly grinder that can still do it all.
This is a great happy medium for those looking to move into coffee grinding, specifically for drip coffee, and not wanting to dip into savings to accomplish it.
This grinder offers a small, simple, and efficient option for life on the road, dorm life, small kitchens, or those who don’t know if home coffee grinders are the right fit.
So who are these budget-friendly angels? We are so glad you asked. The Capresso company began in the ’90s. They specialize in all things pertaining to espresso and cappuccino, hence the merging of the two to create “Capresso”. This can range from grinders to milk frothers and even water kettles.
Their company is now marketed by JURA inc., which has done wonders for their rising fame. They have been featured in loads of media through magazines, television, and other mediums. Some of these features include Wired, Popsugar.com, and The Early Show on CBS.
So where to start? Here are the top 5 features to look for when searching for the perfect Capresso Coffee Grinder:
1. Size: Depending on the size of your household and the demand for coffee in the home, you first need to determine how large or small of a coffee grinder you will need. Capresso offers single-serve sizes and large capacity sizes, so there are options for all types of needs. While all Capresso options are affordable, there is a slight change in prices between smaller and larger options. For most, it may be smart to decide on a medium level even as a single with such a small price difference, but weigh out options for your specific needs.
2. Grinder Settings: Certain Capresso coffee grinders offer only one coffee grind setting and others move up to even 16 options. While it is always nice to have options, there are certain people that may need more options than others. For example, a coffee grinder that specializes in drip coffee grinding only will not need loads of grinding settings. For those that want a grinder for all types of coffee beans, the multiple grinding settings will come in handy quite more and are worth investing a bit more cash to have.
3. Cleaning: Having a coffee grinder that is easy to clean can save a headache down the line. Search for options with removable attachments or dishwasher friendly. Also looking for options that have easy to remove burrs where the grinding happens will help with upkeep and cleaning. While this might seem like a small, practical feature to look out for, it will make all the difference when the hustle and bustle of life starts to take over and your coffee grinder gets left in the wind.
4. Price: While the price for a Capresso is already monumentally lower than other companies, there is a bit of fluctuation between options. The biggest factors leading to this are size and grinder settings, which we have already discussed.
We suggest letting the other setting determine which product you buy, rather than simply choosing the cheapest option. This might be the only option for other companies, but Capresso products are accessible for most people.
5. Power: A grinder with no power is pointless. Capresso makes sure each of their products gets the job done, however, some do have more power than others. Look for wattage in each option and burr size and type to determine the amount of power. There will more likely be higher power in coffee grinders with more grinding settings, so you can look at this as well.
When searching for power, it may also help to look for silent grinders or low noise options. If you plan on grinding coffee beans in the morning, no one likes waking up to the sounds of a roaring grinder at work. Save yourself and your family the headache and look for a low noise or silent grinder. You will thank us later.
What is the giant pull towards a Capresso coffee grinder over the other companies? Here are just a few:
Now that you are a Capresso expert, it is time to make the big decision. Don’t forget to check out our top 3 picks to see if any of them fit your needs!